• In the Spotlight:

How is this my mothers business?

She found out my DH had the last 3 days off. She just text me and says. SO he did take 3 days off this week? I said yes. She says well, How does that work if he is commission? How are you planning on paying your bills? I said Well first off he normally gets 2 days off a week and he took a PAID vacation day. ::sigh:: I got a message just now says oh, well you should have said that. LMAO! WHY?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 5:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• ROFL...at least it wasn't your MIL! That's even worse...and something I sometimes get. Anyway, it isn't your mother's business. She might think it is, if she's loaned you money in the past, or you've gone to her about financial woes. Even then? Still not her business! Good luck with that!
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 5:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My Mom always tells me anything concering me IS HER BUSINESS. :)
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Ah, I can imagine I'll be like that with my kids when I'm older, my mother's like that too. Sticks her nose in where it's not wanted, but I love her anyway... (sometimes...)
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• HAHA my mom has FINALLY learned (I am the baby of her 8 children, all married now!) to stay out of our marriages. It took her a while, with many sarcastic and sometimes mean comments, but we are all happier now. LOL
    But my MIL, has not gotten that far yet. My husband is the oldest and only married of her children. She works for the bank, that we used to have an account with. THAT WAS BAD. She used to call up asking why we spent so much money. (It was actually a down payment for the house we now own). I had to call the bank and transfer all funds to another account, and then put a note on it that said even if the person knows ALL personal information, they cannot access the account without a password.
    It takes time, but most mommy's come around. LOL good luck!
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 5:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Tell her to stick her nose else where. Sounds like my MIL
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• does she pay your bills??? do you regularly ask her for $$$? If not I would have said...."why are you asking?"
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• EEWW, so not any of her business!

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would've said politely, "mom, we're fine! Thanks for your concern!" And leave it at that!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 1:21 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Wow did you tell her it was not her business?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• well, next time I guess I will call her up. 'now mom, C. Is going to take a vacation day next week and it will be paid. Is that okay?'
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011