question about braxton hicks contractions.....

so i have had them since about 14 weeks. i am now 33 weeks. my baby dropped last weeks and thismorning i think he may have dropped a bit more. so my question is is it normal that i have been having alot of pelvic pressure with every braxton hicks contraction today or should i call my doctor since they feel so much different?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 5:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would call just to be safe. When that happened with my son, they put me on bedrest.
    abra

Answer by abra at 5:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• If they are different... then they probably are different.
    But, the earlier you go to the hospital, the longer you have to stay there. Stay home, take a shower, get something to eat, relax, and you will know when it is time to go in. Good luck and congratulations!
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 5:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Those contractions are helping prepare your body for the approaching birth. Mine started toward the end of my 8th months and got progressively more intense through the rest of my pregnancy. If they get to the point where you are in pain then call your doctor, otherwise I agree with RachWell, take a shower, eat, and relax. Let your doc know about them at your next check up. Best of luck and congrats!

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 7:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• if your not having regular contractions and you have a appointment soon i would wait but any signs of regular contractions call, I had a baby at 33 weeks and she had to stay in the nicu for 15 days don't wish that on my worst enemy. good luck.
    cassiemomof4

Answer by cassiemomof4 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2011