Kick Count.

Do some of you guys not know that the "kick count" method is not going to work early in pregnancy?
It is only accurate when you are I believe about 24 weeks. Anytime before that you probably won't get 10 kicks an hour. When you tell people to do the "kick count" and they are not about that far along, they are going to freak when they don't feel 10 kicks/hr.

Did you know that it won't be accurate until a certain point in your pregnancy? (I'm not trying to be rude, I just always see people telling others to do a "kick count" at like 20 or 18 weeks or so, and know that it will not be accurate).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Good info. I think it's easy for us to remember the exact times when everything happened. While I was pregnant I felt like I would always remember how far along I was for the first kick, the first hiccups, etc. But now I have to look back at my journal to remember!
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 5:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• With my second pregnancy my doctor had me start doing counts AT 20 weeks and I found I had NO trouble counting my sons movements at that point in time. It's a better jumping off point than to just tell some woman to rushing off to her doctor in the first place. This could have easily been addressed on the other mom's thread if you were concerned enough to post I think she should at least see your opinion even if you ARE afraid to post using your actual name.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 5:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Slinkee, but MAJORITY of people won't get accurate results until later. A lot of women don't even feel actual KICKS until later than 20 weeks. I'm not afraid to use my actual name. I could care less if it bothers you that I did not use my actual name.
    Anonymous