32% of American children are overwieght?

Where are they? lol. I can honestly say I don't feel like I notice THAT many overweight children. Do you think this number is accurate based on what you notice? I wonder what their criteria or overweight is.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 5:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Kids' Health

• From what I see, yes... It's so sad..... My cousin is one. She's only 13 and almost weighs 200 lbs
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Oh yeah. Half the kids I see are overweight. I see alot of obese kids too,sadly.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i would say past three it would be really easy to see an overwieght child, and i def see them in mo. lots of corn-fed chitlins here lol!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Absolutely. I have to say I notice every time I am at the elementary school, they're everywhere.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Same if not more for adults.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 5:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I see them all the time here. Sad really. There is 1 year old in our family that weighs 38lbs. That is how much my son weighs. He is 4.5 years old.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I see it
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 5:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• yes alot of the kids i see are overweight. overweight does not mean that they are obese. you can look up the criteria with a google search. i have two friends who have daughters that are overweight but really to me it doesnt look like more than baby fat..... but compared to my daughters they are quit big.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I do a lot of work in my DS school and I have to say that it does not look like that many in his school. I guess we are lucky we have a good nutrition and PE program at our school. They are required to walk/run 1 mile at recess before they play. Most kids run it to get to play sooner. Our school lunches are not gov. funded so there are a lot of good healthy choices. ::shrugs:: I wouldn't think what they do in school would have that much effect but maybe...
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I don't see them much in my area. My kids have maybe two or 3 overweight kids in their classes of 16-10. I do see them at the park and such in the lower income areas.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 5:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2011