Exes in convo

When SO tells a story he always has to mention who was there. Literally all the time. And most of the time its an ex. For instance...." Oh, yea Ive had that before, when I lived with (exes name here). Or "Ive never had white zinfendel(sp?) but (exes name here) loved it." Also.."I bought that brand of popcorn when (ex) and I lived (city name here)" Im not jealous of these girls but wonder why he always has to refer to an ex when talking about anything. Its so redic and just doesnt make sense. Why does he do this? I just think its so disrespectful and unncessary. And hes been this way with them too. Its not just me. Guess its his personality but still kinda wierd. What would you do or say without sounding like your jealous? Just want him to know that its irrelevent

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Some people really are just like that. I have friends that have to name everyone in a story, and sometimes they don't just name them, they give family history (and these are people I don't even know half the time). It's just a habit. I would mention that it bothers you if you feel it's necessary, but I really don't think he's doing it to hurt you. :)
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 6:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Why not do the same thing?? mention an ex in convo and maybe he will get the point,
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 5:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• It's obviously important to him in the telling of the story

Answer by admckenzie at 5:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Why not do the same thing?? mention an ex in convo and maybe he will get the point

Ive thought of this but dont want to go to his "level" Its just not me. But I think I should start! lol
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I agree. 2 wrongs don't make a right, but i would bring up an ex in the convo yall are having, don't make it obvious though. hopefully he'll get the point, if he doesn't like it, then talk 2 him about it and explain u were trying to get ur point across w/out sounding bitchy or whatever word u wanna use. goodluck (=
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 6:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I would definitely be concerned if I was you. I have been on both ends of the situation. I feel like if he keeps mentioning an ex (especially if its the same girl), then he is definitely thinking about the past and missing it. Tell him how you feel. If you feel jealous, angry or uncomfortable when he brings up an ex's name or relates everything back to an ex, then honestly tell him. He is going to keep on bringing up an ex's name because you haven't told him how you truly feel about it. I wouldn't bring up stuff about your ex unless its necessary, but I don't believe in doing the same thing he does. I totally believe in expressing how you really feel.
    gangstamami66

Answer by gangstamami66 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011