How would you rate your schools nutritian and PE/health programs?

Our schools is very good. It is a public school but out food program is privately funded so we haev a lot of good choices. Not that every choice is super healthy but it isn't hot dogs with corn and a cookie. Our kids get PE 3 days a week and are required to walk/run a mile before playing on the playground at recess. Most will run to get to play quicker! I give our school an 8. (10 being perfect 0 being it really sucks)

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 5:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Judging by the munu Id say a 7. But the taste Im not sure of lol. They gave us parents a "roasted" chicken dinner for the christmas play and it was horrible. It made me want to pack dds lunch that much more!lol But we do send her with lunch money sometimes
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• menu*
    Steph319

• Judging by our menu and all of the fruits and veggies on it I say about a 9 PE they get that 3 days 1 week 2 days the other week
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Health in Virginia or at least in Virginia Beach is part of the Physical Ed. department. It is taught with worksheets and movies. The PE teachers just act as someone to turn on the tv and collect the papers. It is a horrible program for such an important subject. In New York State the health program was a part of the Science department and it was handled completely differently.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• P.E. - 9 lunch I don't really know my kids brown bag it
    lchristianson5

Answer by lchristianson5 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Well, we have no hot lunch and our school promotes healthy sack lunches so based on that, I'd say and 8 but the PE/Gym and other physical activities are like a 2 at best.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 6:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2011