moving out of military housing..

Has anyone ever moved out of militart housing? Its rediculous what cleaning they want done before moving out. Its not just normal cleaning, but extreame cleaning. They want the blinds free of dust? Are you fricken kidding me? I thought that's what they had cleaning come into the house after the residents moved out! Ugh!

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I'm pretty sure that is how it is anytime you move out of any rental. I remember having to clean the apartments that we rented back in the day and they were very anal about how clean they had to be.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I have only lived in military housing and never have they been this anal, lol. The thing is that they bring in a cleaning crew once you are gone! Way too much work to get done before leaving on friday. Having 2 kids doesn't help either. I have always been a very clean person and have always kept my house clean, but this is crazy!
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I have rental property and I love it when military families leave. They really know how to leave a place. Regular people have no idea what to do.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Well, I know what to do, but I feel so overwhelmed with packing and laundry and cleaning. Its driving me nuts haha I have to have everything done by tomorrow bc I fly out really early friday morning.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Military housing is too be left as clean as a barracks buiding. Spotless...they only send in a cleaning crew when someone doesn't bother to do what they are supposed to. Also, if it isn't clean acccording to their specifications it can reflect on the person who is in the military, yes even dirty blinds. They have been providing you housing (even if it isn't the best) and this is one of the things they expect in return. Good Luck
    sdj1953

Answer by sdj1953 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2011