UNEMPLOYMENT?

My dh has been retired from the military for two years now, without any prospect job offers in sight, can apply for Unemployment after being discharged honorably?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• Have your husband go to your state office and ask.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I know here in Oregon you can...not sure if its the same in every state...I would call your state office and ask!
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• How is he conducting his job search? Less than half of all open positions are advertised; he needs to network with people in the field and industry he wishes to work in. Have he had any informational interviews with people in his chosen field to learn how they found their current positions? How is he searching for advertised positions? Does he have a great resume and does he send it out with strong, well researched cover letters?
    I do career and job search coaching; please contact me if you have any questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I don't know, but it's definitely worth looking into.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:38 AM on Jan. 6, 2011