Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


My dh has been retired from the military for two years now, without any prospect job offers in sight, can apply for Unemployment after being discharged honorably?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • Have your husband go to your state office and ask.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 6:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

  • I know here in Oregon you can...not sure if its the same in every state...I would call your state office and ask!

    Answer by momofone072506 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

  • How is he conducting his job search? Less than half of all open positions are advertised; he needs to network with people in the field and industry he wishes to work in. Have he had any informational interviews with people in his chosen field to learn how they found their current positions? How is he searching for advertised positions? Does he have a great resume and does he send it out with strong, well researched cover letters?
    I do career and job search coaching; please contact me if you have any questions.

    Answer by rkoloms at 10:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

  • I don't know, but it's definitely worth looking into.

    Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:38 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.