Question for the Dems

What parts of the Republican House schedule that was settled today do you disagree with? I was surprised to see so many people replying to that other question - it's unusual to have that many people paying attention to what's actually going on in the house around here. (I mean, they must be paying attention to know what did or didn't happen there, right?)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Awesome!! NP.. Kudos to YOU for asking this question....  I can think of one thing Republican House accomplished today that I agree with!!!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Ohhh, but I will wait to give my answer, till I see some Dems anty up with... ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• There's a few things on there I'm interested to see how they turn out - especially that one about the budget. But as you said, we can skip specifics for now.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Sorry got nuthin'....working all day. Care to inform us of some of the moves they made?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Where's the little pot stirring icon?

misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 6:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Where's the little pot stirring icon?

Right next to the "I don't have a clue but I'll post an answer anyway" icon
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I'm not a Dem but this from JB- “Our aim will be to give government back to the people. In seeking this goal, we will part with some of the rituals that have come to characterize this institution under majorities Republican and Democratic alike. We will dispense with the conventional wisdom that bigger bills are always better; that fast legislating is good legislating; that allowing additional amendments and open debate makes the legislative process ‘less efficient’ than our forefathers intended. These misconceptions have been the basis for the rituals of modern Washington. The American people have not been well served by them.” He also promised real hope and pledged to change the way things are done in Washington: CONT

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• CONT- I hope he hasn't over promised- words mean nothing-better to do and let your actions and decisions speak for you!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Where's the little pot stirring icon? Right next to the "I don't have a clue but I'll post an answer anyway" icon

^^rolling on floor

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• We just have to trust and then validate. See, that is what happened with Pelosi. We trusted her and then the validation was a bust.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2011