is baby flinching normal

my grandson flinches his eyes and fist tight when he hears some loud noises and while sitting in his car seat as the rear wipers get turned on and move or when hes sitting on the floor and i contract my foot while hes watching it or something at a distance away looks like its moving quickly in his direction. is this normal?

prudy300

Asked by prudy300 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter did this and it was normal for us. It depends on the extent. It sounds like his senses are heightened and hes just quick to notice diff sounds. It could always be mentioned at the ped but seems normal to me.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• How old is he? This is a normal reflex, especially for a baby that is not yet mobile.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 6:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• yeah its normal, actually i think its abnormal if they dont do this
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My 4 month old practically jumps out of her skin at really loud noises. It's just a reflex. They grow out of it.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 7:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes, my dd does that. I know that her hearing and visiual are good, pays attention is good signs if you ask me. If it bothers you that much ask a doc.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My 14 wk old DS flinches when I burp and when his daddy coughs:)
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011