tasches

Asked by tasches at 6:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in

• If home schoolers get a tax break because they aren't using the school facilities then every person that has no children in school should get the same break. That includes single people, elderly people, people whose children are adults etc... No home schoolers should not get a tax break.
    sdj1953

Answer by sdj1953 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I dont think so. Many people pay for schooling that do not have kids in school. I payed years of it and now that dd is in school Im happy that I could contribute to her/others education.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• yes. They are essentially a 'school'. They educate and buy material and curriculums to do so. They should be able to get a small tax break on the items purchased for their 'school'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No. I don't think that would be fair, As it is a Mom's choice....nobody is forcing her to keep her kids home. I don't have kids in school anymore---I am retired---but I pay taxes too , taxes that go toward schools in my county. If I don't have kids in school, should I get a tax break? No.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I pay for private school because our schools stink. I don't send my kids, but I don't get a tax break. People without kids don't get a tax break. Why should they?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• People without kids have to pay school tax
    People who send their kids to private school have to pay school tax.
    Yes, they pay for supplies, but so do I. I send a lot of supplies to school with my son.
    I don't use school transportation. I take him to school, Maybe I should get a tax break for not using transportation.
    Where will it end?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I believe they should be able to because they pay tax''s that keep the public schools running and if my child(ren) arent going to the public schools then I should get some of my money back to go to the teaching of my children at home.
    angelfromcali21

Answer by angelfromcali21 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• IF only those with kids in school paid for the taxes then itd be like going to private/catholic school
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• And most of the homeschoolers educ were prob payed for by others too. But as far as writing off goes its def something to look into.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• no
    BeautytheBeast

Answer by BeautytheBeast at 8:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2011