How can I get 2 year old 2 eat?

She never eats for me, but if my mom was 2 feed her or someone else other than me, she would eat. I just don't understand! =( I just made spaghetti, and I tried so hard to get her 2 eat. She asked 2 have some of my soda, so I told her she had 2 take a bite first, I barely got her 2 do that!!! I have to bribe her, and I know she has 2 be hungry, she doesn't eat throughout the day besides a pb&j here and a banana there....WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER lol food is GOOD!!!!!

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's a power struggle. Don't force it. No toddler will starve themselves.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 6:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• She has probably figured you out. You are the push over, don't be the child in the situation be calm, firm, and do not bribe her. Watch your mom and see what she does that is different that what you do, it could be just the simplist thing as the way you talk to her. Good Luck
    sdj1953

Answer by sdj1953 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• other mother - power struggle, indeed lol!

sdj - My mom is more firm, I try to be just that, but I hate that she doesn't eat, I feel like she's hungry lol. Besides, we eat dinner kinda late in my house, 6-630 pm. So if she doesn't eat dinner, i dont want her eating at 8pm. I guess there's always tomorrow to try again
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Maybe she just wants to feed herself may be messy but she may be ready.
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 6:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• That's the thing, she does feed her self, I give her her plate of food, fork/spoon w/e is needed and she feeds herself.....well unless i'm eating w/ her that is.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• maybe shes going through a growin spirt my son is fixing to turn 2 hes a big eater and all of a sudden he just does not want to eat so just make sure shes getting plenty of juice ive been given my son some v8 fruit fusion to make sure hes getting his fruits and vegetable and just pray he will eat soon. Good luck
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 7:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I know the feeling - my son was weird about eating too. I actually just found an article about it that has some interesting tips. If you're interested in reading it, here's the link: http://www.circleofmoms.com/flat/What-to-Do-If-Your-Toddler-Is-a-Picky-Eater?trk=article_ref

The last one is sorta what I did - it was always tempting to offer him something he's actually eat (sweets) but I just stuck with it and he started getting better about eating,
    Vivi.C.

Answer by Vivi.C. at 8:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• It's totally normal for toddlers to go on eating strikes. Just keep offering healthy foods at her regular meal times. She will eventually pick at something. Don't make a big deal if she eats. Don't make a big deal if she doesn't. She won't starve. I know how it feels though when you think they MUSt be hungry. My child does this too. She won't eat ANYTHING.
    pinkvelvet_zen

Answer by pinkvelvet_zen at 1:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2011