what did you serve at your wedding? help! (posted in groups too)

we are considering a small back yard wedding at his parents house. what should we serve?

HaydensMommy007

Asked by HaydensMommy007 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• We served finger sandwiches, meatballs, veggies and dip, and fruit like pineapples, grapes, melon, berries, etc. I'm sure there were other things too, I just don't remember. We had a small reception, and my mom and aunts paid for the food. We put it all together ourselves the night before the wedding. It was a nice little get together for family and friends.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• We had picnic-type food. Sandwiches, baked beans, fruits and veggies, etc. Stuff everybody likes.
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 6:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• We had finger sandwiches, candies,mints and nuts and tea or coffee,in the basement of the church when I got married. CHEAP>
    My daughters had big weddings and dinners at the hotels where their ceremonies were held..... '

I would say that whatever is easiest to cook and serve in a backyard setting ...and not expensive...would be your best choice.
    I am always in favor of not spending much on the wedding because the marriage is more important.

I am still hurting from spending money on those hotel weddings and receptions....LOL....too much.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• A back yard wedding is screaming pulled pork sandwiches!!!!
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 6:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• We did a nice soup and breads with fruit. Chocolate covered strawberries and Jordan almonds. We had nuts and mints on every table.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 6:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• we did baked ziti, chicken, steak tips all on the grill and pasta salad fruit salad a bunch of pastrys ontop of a cake. everyone loved it. low key and we saved tons of money by doing it ourselfs. and the back yard was full of flowers so we also saved on flower arrangments.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• We had a small wedding. My dad made italian soaked pork tenderloin and sides.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• We had a potluck since there were 40-50 people invited to the wedding.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• we took a poll....lol, we had a wedding website & let the guests vote on it. BBQ was the winner, which was good because it was the cheapest. I thought BBQ at a wedding might be tacky, but that's what they wanted!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• We had our reception on the 3rd floor of an Asian restaurant. (second floor is a swanky little hotel.) Since I knew not EVERYone was into Asian food as we are, I asked if we could have it catered/or bring in our own food. Luckily, the owner was super cool and agreed. (Not many places that serve food will let you have anything catered...they expect it to be catered through them). I really didn't know what to serve...Italian? Mexican? a variety of things?...DH and I also didn't have a theme or color scheme for our reception. So I thought about our wedding cake and got the idea from there. (Wedding cake is usually the brides choice since the groom has his own cake...I had the cake planned years before I met DH! LOL! I asked if he wanted to have an "Alice In Wonderland/Mad Hatter's Tea Party" theme, and to my surprise....he LOVED it!
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2011