Have you had your unborn zapped by the doctor?

Today I had my doctors appointment that I have to attend twice every week up until my sons birth, (nonstress test). However, They have me monitered on to this machine that picks up and counts the babys heartbeat. While I lay down and patiently wait for the doctors..I also have to click this little clicker everytime i feel my sons movement, well today he hasnt been as active and the doctor took this zapper thing and zapped my baby, something as if it was shocking my baby, to get him moving. I felt so mad i wanted to cry Lol. Has anyone ever had this same experience with their doc app?

NOTE: I go to the doc. twice every week because I have extra amniotic Fluid around my baby that the doctors would like to keep an close eye on me.

Jan.mommii.

Asked by Jan.mommii. at 6:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• wow i have never heard of that! i would be mad too!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I would have been furious! Especially if he didn't consult with you first!!!!! I also have never heard of that, ''shocking'' a baby can't be healthy for an unborn, especiallyfor the heart rate......i think ur doc is a little nuts lol
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Me either. When they came and told explained what the tool did, i never expected it to be how it peforms. It makes your baby move alot. and I think it made my baby a little irritated today, they had to do it twice because the first time my son didnt want to move. I wanna say he was being stubbern or either sleep lol. but it really made me teary eyed. cause the baby does a big jump.
    Jan.mommii.

Comment by Jan.mommii. (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Sorry I wasnt very clear in the beginning of my sentence. But, he had let me know what he was going to do and how it worked but when he actually did it...it brought me to tears.
    Jan.mommii.

Comment by Jan.mommii. (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I would ask them never to do it again. I've never heard of it, it sounds barmy.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 6:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• They used to just touch your tummy or move it and then that would make the baby move.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I strongly agree leah_rai.
    Jan.mommii.

Comment by Jan.mommii. (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• @ dancer..

See I've never had them do that. Today was the first time they've did anything like this to me to get him to move. Thank god I am almost over and done with this pregnancy.
    Jan.mommii.

Comment by Jan.mommii. (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I had it done, but I found it more funny because my baby isn't really affected by the zap, because my phone lays on my belly a lot and it vibrates on there, so after 8 months he is pretty use to it. They also did it to my mom when she was pregnant for me and it made me move alot to. It don't harm them, but I do see where you are coming from that you were mad, sorry. They probably won't do it again.
    BraydinsMommy09

Answer by BraydinsMommy09 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I think I would be all over the internet seeing how common this is. It sounds like Hokum.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2011