Do you have a lazy elementary child that does not want to go to school or do any type of school work? I don't know what else to do I am so tired of getting upset & threatening...

...UGH!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Have You tried to take things away form her. Like if she dose not get up to go to school than she dose not have any thinging after school like no tv or one hour ealery to bed. Or if she dose not do her homework than tell her that if she dose not do her homework that would make the teacher made and give her a bad gread and that would make mommy and daddy sad if she dose that, I hope that this would work for you.
    Momofone775

Answer by Momofone775 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Perhaps you need to look beyond the stuff you see as laziness. Perhaps your child is depressed, feels uncertain, has someone bullying them. Threatening a child often will lead to deeper withdrawl and less interest in doind anything. Degrading a child is a form of abuse that should not be used as a means of dicipline. If you can't get through to this child calmly try finding a councelor for both of you.
    sdj1953

Answer by sdj1953 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I have not had this problem myself, but working at a preschool/after care program I have found that many of the parents reward as in PAY their kids to be good at school and do their homework, while I do not agree with this if it works for you I say go for it.
    Onlyeyes

Answer by Onlyeyes at 7:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• my 8 yr old cousin comes home an just wants to play games he says his homework is done when its not he wakes up and tells his mother im tired im stayin home and he does so i mean you have to motivate him give him rewards on good grades praise him tell him that if he does good he gets ---- :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:43 AM on Jan. 6, 2011