I am just about fed up!

2yo will not listen 2 save my damn life! I am just about fed up with her! she's constantly running around, she gets in her sisters crib when she's in there sleeping, she will NOT leave her alone, she's sick with the flu and pneumonia, so of course she don't wanna be bothered! 2yo will NOT listen to anything i say! i will even discipline her, and she goes right back to being the little devil she is lol. I love her to death, she's so cute i can't stay mad, but this not listening thing is driving me F'N insane, to the point where i'm ready 2 check myself into the nearest nut house lol. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah..she also gets into ...everything... and i mean, everything!!!!!

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ok i came on to cafemom tonight to basically say the same thing about about my 2.5 year old dd. We had the worst day today and i feel like running away! I know im not helping you with your question but i feel a little better knowing im not the only one have a rough time with my toddler. this must be the terrible twos?! UGH
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• She's been in terrible two's since she turned one LOL! Well I feel a little better knowing i'm not the onlyone out there tonight ready to cut there head off haha only kidding....sometimes lol. she just drives me crazy and having a 11month old doesnt make it any easier.....aaahhhhhhhhhh lord give me a sign!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Do you do time outs yet? if not you may want to try it. Have her sit by a wall, don't give in, and make her sit for 2 minutes, then she can get up. If the behavior repeats, back to the wall.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Domonique - i have tried that, or i should say attempted, but i have no patience at all, she will not sit there, and i dont have the patience to constantly put her back. but maybe i should really stick to it, i know in the long run it will benefit us both. i just need 2 learn patience
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• so my daughter is 3 and just started some of that.. try putting her in a chair and facing the wall, we also put my daughter in her room and shut the door.. taking toys away.. and some people dont agree with spanking but sometimes its the onlyan thing that works my daughter kicked me, so i gave her a spanking on her bottom, she has not been that bad or defient since. just have to do it and get over it dont hold it against her and she wil know her boundries
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 7:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• It takes time for a child to learn what time outs are all about. The parent has to return the child to the spot or chair over and over until it sinks in. It can take a long time and several times. Explain what is going on and then no talking if you have to take her back over an over. What worked best with our kids was to take away their MOST favorite thing for an appropriate period of time. We gave a warning and then followed through. Don't do either of these things in anger.......just matter of fact. Also make sure she gets enough one on one time with you and your SO. Plus praise when she does things right. This goes a long way to make children feel special and lessen tensions. Sometimes they go for the negative attention when they do not get enough positive attention. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My kids (2 and 3) will also not stay in time out alone, so we started putting them in their booster seats with the seat belt on so they cant get up. I cant really say this has helped with their behavior but it does at least help them finish a time out in one sitting. I also have no patients to keep putting them in time out over and over, so this method has at least helped me with my sanity a little.
    busywithbabies

Answer by busywithbabies at 8:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011