what is the best way to dicipline an eighteen month old baby?

She pays close attention to what i say, but is get angry and throw things away!

chatap

Asked by chatap at 6:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Redirection. She's not doing anything to be bad. Yet. If she's trying to stick something in the trash, take her and get her interested in something else.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Too young to discipline! U need to show her and teach her!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• U can't even spell discipline right and u want to do that to a baby!! Get real!!!
    Anonymous

• Understand!! thank you so much:):):)
    chatap

Comment by chatap (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• yes, just redirect...at that age, a lot of the "anger" is just frustration b/c they can't express certain things. the fact that she pays that close attention to you, tells you she wants to be learning, but just not quite sure how to do it, so she shows frustration.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• by the way, english is my second language and if you are judgemental with me, i wonder how you are with your own... very sad!!!
    chatap

Comment by chatap (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• talk to her explain to her its not nice, and redirect, my daughter used to throw things and she got sat on a chair.,
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 6:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I think a lot of people forget that English isn't the ONLY language in the world and that CafeMom isn't just for Americans. OP, thank you for learning to read and write English as your second language!

As for the question asked, I agree with redirection.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 5:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2011