What does this mean?

Lots of people have told me that they felt funny the day they went into labor. I never went into labor, I was induced. But I am curious to know what this means exactly. Did you feel funny? Did you know it was almost time? What exactly did you feel like for you when labor was right around the corner?

MrsSamMerlotte

Asked by MrsSamMerlotte at 6:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did not feel funny with my son. I was a week away from my due date and was happilly scrapbooking and setting up the room the day before my water broke while I was sleeping.
    With my daughter I felt weird all the time, and thought I was going into labor, but I would up having a scheduled c/s a few days before my due date due to some health issues.
    Hope that sort of helps?
    kmstockwell

Answer by kmstockwell at 7:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• With my oldest, I woke up totally energetic, and felt compelled to move around. I cleaned, scrubbed, laundered and pretty much tore the house apart and redid it. I was almost manic about it.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i was induced with my 1st bc of pre-eclampsia...but with my 2nd i went into labor 4 weeks early & had a bowel movement (or 3), which i thought was weird...then i started having cramps that progressively got worse and were 3-5 mins apart...went to hospital & i was 2cm...an hour after that i was 5cm
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 9:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2011