just curious...

Has anyone ever went on the 500 cal HCG diet after being pregnant? And if so how did it go for u? And did u have any side effects?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My SIL is on that diet now, so I will BUMP you.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Honestly, I just looked this up and it is very silly, unhealthy, and I am sure if you talk to your OB she/he will tell you no way. Especially after having a baby. Your body needs nutrients, calories, vitamins, mineral, etc. If you want to lose weight, try following a 1200 calorie diet, this has been Dr. Approved, and been very successful for me, I have lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks. When you fall under 1200 calories your body goes into starvation mode, and besides, as soon as so you stop this 500 calorie diet, you are more likely to gain as much as you lost if not more. Please talk to your doc about what is best for your body type and situation. Good Luck!
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 7:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Negative side effects: The common side effects include headaches, mood swings, depression, blood clots, confusion, and dizziness. Some women also develop a condition called Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS); symptoms of this include pelvic pain, swelling of the hands and legs, stomach pain, weight gain, shortness of breath, diarrhea, vomiting/nausea, and/or urinating less than normal.

Read more: HCG Diet | How Does the HCG Diet Work | HCG Diet Dangers http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/07/hcg-diet-look-elsewhere-for-weight-loss/#ixzz1AD0kQ1TL
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 7:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• When you eat that many calories, your body starts to consume its muscle, instead of fat because you are effectively starving yourself. If you kept it up long enough, you would start to look anorexic. Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
    kmstockwell

Answer by kmstockwell at 7:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2011