Taylor?

Taylor too much of a girls name? I am having a boy, planning on naming him Taylor, it's my mothers maiden name. His whole name is a mix of family names. I've just recently noticed it seems like it is more of a girls name... it was rated #25 on top 100 2010 baby names.... It wasn't on the boys side, but the girls. I want to call him TJ.(His middle name is James.) When he gets to school though, I dont know if the teachers would call him Tj, and dont want him picked on... I dont know. I am almost 31 weeks. .

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Baby Names

• I graduated with a guy named Taylor. And the teachers/school will call your son what ever you tell them to call him.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I honestly had never heard Taylor for a girl until Taylor Swift. Every Taylor I have met has been a guy.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 7:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Around her the girls I see nameds Taylor spell it with an OR...the boys tend to spell it with an er Taylor VS Tayler. I don't know if that helps. It is one of the few inisex names I realy like.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Oh ok... Well my cousin is called CJ but the school calls him Caleb which is very confusing for him sometimes. I think I am just worrying to worry though.... lol
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Taylor is primarily a girls' name, but it is used for boys 27.75 percent of the time. <--- Nameplayground.com

My DD name is Quinn Cameron. Primarily male, both names! No one has ever said anything about it to my face. On here yes. Oin real life everyone tells me that her name is beautiful and suites her. If you like Taylor for a boy who cares if it is 'mostly' a girls name. It can go either way. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Its more boy to me but my niece is name Taylor and she's the only pfemale I know that has that name in real life. Taylor Swift doesnt count since I dont know her
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Taylor used to be pretty much only a boys name and then it became popular for girls too. Now, it's just fine for either. I like it, it's a great name.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Our youngest daughter's name is Taylor (hubby's choice) but most of the Taylor's i have heard of were boys. only recently has it started becoming more for girls. I think it's a good name that can go either way, not like Ashley (yes i have heard of boys named Ashley)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Taylor is a very unisex name. When I see the name taylor and NO pic, I dont' even begin to assume girl or boy
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 7:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My granddaughter's name is Taylor, but it can be for either one. My youngest son has a name that is both for girls and boys. His name is Kyndel (middle name James). He's always gone by KJ,and yeah, the teachers did in fact call him KJ.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2011