Chiropractor for infant

has anyone brought there infant to a chiropractor? If so did it seem to help?
I was thinking of bringing my 11 week old to ther chiropractor for an adjustment because she spits up so much. Any advice would be great

dominique1108

Asked by dominique1108 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I brought my son to the chiro when he was 5 days old. He had difficulty nursing and would scream (like he was in pain) whenever I tried to get him to latch on. Getting him adjusted fixed the problem.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Have you talked to your pediatrician first?
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't. Their bodies are just to tiny to handle that much bone manipulation, especially along the spine. One wrong move.... (And I say this as an adult whose used chiropracty before. My chiro popped something one day just a tad off, and my sciatic nerve got pinched!)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My cousin starting taking her dd to one around that age. Everything is fine as far as I know. I personally think it only sets them up for chiropractic help the rest of their life. Kind of when you crack your back or your nuckles you have to do it forever. Unless there is an underlying prob then it doesnt seem worth starting something that wont end. JMO Your call. Good luck!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• We took both of our kids. Our Chiropractor actually came to see DD in the hospital before she went home. Ours is a child specialist that only works on adults because there are not enough kid clients. She only puts pressure on things, not pop and cracks. Our chiropractor saved me when DS would not stop crying for 6 months. She used kinesiology  to see that his belly was hurting. She told us that babies who spit up need their stomach pushed back down. Sometimes in the womb, the stomach gets pushed up. Our lady is a God sent gift.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My son and I were adjusted right after the birth. (It was at home and he is a very good friend.) There are chiropractors who really know what they're doing with infants and they can adjust without any real manipulation, so there is no risk of harm.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 7:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2011