Asking for my sister......

Okay kinda confusing, 1st off she was pregnant a few years ago but miscarried, but she didn't know till she was 10 wks. and now she is having all the same problems, She had a normal period last month but she was having fainting spells and some morning sickness but ended up having a period, but after that period she was still having the same issues so she went to the ER which treated her bad, only did a urine an preg hormone was detected but it was low and sent her home. And she happens to have a fetal Doppler and she is picking up a heartbeat at her pubic hairline. has been for about 4weeks now, and now she is having hiccups and heartburn. small bump at the low part of her belly, and some very little spotting. but she is kinda late for her period. but the first go around all her preg test came back negative till she was 10wks. so does anyone have any ideas dr's don't seem to care much can't get in to see an OB till the 3rd.

britt_howard

Asked by britt_howard at 7:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You poor girl, how awful to for your sister to be treated so badly by drs and now you by all these people.

Is there another hospital close by that you can go to? I am lucky to live in a small town but if I drive 20 minutes south I have a hospital and if I drive 20 min north I have another hospital, I am also 2 hrs from a large hospital but you would be surprised on how many people will travel that far for great care. If her dr is rude now then will she get the care she needs if she is pregot? I had great drs and felt comfortable with them from day one. The heart beat that she is hearing if it is fast then it is a baby, you should be able to tell by feeling her pulse at the same time she is listening to the Doppler, hers should be substantially slower. If she is hearing the heart beat she is 9 wks +. Hopefully she eats well and rests often also start vitamins. Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Many doctors won't see women until a little later in pregnancy, 6-12 weeks. There isn't much a doctor can do if a woman is going to miscarry. They can run tests, but those tests don't save the pregnancy.

She needs to eat well and care for herself.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No need to be rude Anonymous, You can take a home pregnancy test or just wait until her appointment but if she is fainting then you guys need to take her into the hospital & if the one you went to treated he badly try another one good luck you guys
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• She needs to go to her gyno and ask them to run some blood tests and ask for an u/s.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yea well wait it out & i hope everything works out for the best just continue to be there for her & support her and make sure she is taking care of herself
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• THose people on I Didn't KNow I was PREGGO, say they have periods all 9 months. I would keep taking test and go to the doctor for fainting.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I think she should go see a doctor she trusts, and I know they can be hard to find, but once she explains the situation they should be able to give her some answers. Good luck.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 7:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• If she can't get into the OB, get in to the PCP, they can test as well. A doppler will also pick up HER heartbeat, in case you didn't know.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• cuz they don't have an opening an they have always been rude to her.

If this were me, based on this, I would be finding a new doc.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• A doppler will NOT pick up a fetal heartbeat until at least 10 weeks gestation. Sorry she is having issues. She needs to just wait it out until her appointment. if she ends up in the ER again insist on an ultrasound. Explain about her past issues and insist on visual confirmation.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2011