Once Upon A Child

Okay I may be a bit late in the game but I am loving the consigenment shop Once Upon A Child. Any other moms out there feelin' it?

LadybugTash

Asked by LadybugTash at 7:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Shopping

• No, I think they are over priced for used clothes.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Same here, they seem very high. I tried to sell them some items, and they were only going to give me .50cents for a pair of shoes worn once, that thet would turn around and sell for 8 or 9bucks.
    Onlyeyes

Answer by Onlyeyes at 7:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Never heard of it I don't think we have any around here
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I agree that they're overpriced but I like taking stuff there twice a year to sell. A lot of times I get $100 or so which helps w/ the next season's clothes. I don't normally buy stuff there.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Sometimes - I think it depends on the location. And on the age of your child. When my son was an infant, I found great stuff all the time. As he's gotten older, not so much.

I don't think they pay particularly well either.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• We don't have one of those around here, but I love second hand shopping! But I still think that yardsales are cheaper! So can't wait for Spring! only 7 weeks 2 days left till spring!!!
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 7:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I think most of there stuff is TOO over priced, and they offer you NOTHING for your stuff. I took a RACK of clothes there, i'm talking about 3 FULL baskets of clothes, and left with 10$! Its ridic. atleast the ones here in VA!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I love it.
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 8:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• The one here closed years ago and I couldn't have been happier to see it go. Way overpriced to buy AND when you tried to sell, they would not purchase anything from you unless it was brand new with tags. Uh, then it shouldn't have been a resale/consignment shop to begin with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Jan. 6, 2011