Mean Mommy

surprisedsimple frown

Sure my 3 year old doesn't have much of a vocabulary but she just said this to me today.

When does you kids learn to say this? I don't even know where she picked it up from.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• My kids have tried that, but I don't fall for it or let them see that it bothers me. My little sister was terrible to my mom. She would sing a song that she made up about how mean my mom was. "I hate Mommy, she's so mean". She would also kick the wall when my mom tried ignored it. Man she was a stinker, I am surprised she lived into adulthood. :p HA ha ha! That was a joke people.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Well, if she's 3, then she already knows how to say "mommy". Have you told her that a certain behavior is mean? She can put 2 and 2 together. Congrats, at least she's saying short sentences. - LOL Anyway, get used to it, it'll just get better. Esp. in about 10 years, you'll be wishing that's all she called you! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Somebody has to be the bad cop!!!!

Answer by older at 7:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• my little girl told me that I didn't understand and I was ruining her life because I told her she couldn't wear a skirt in below zero weather...she will be 4 at the end of the month...I was pretty amazed I didn't think I would hear that kind of nonsense until the teen years lol kids will be kids and no kid likes to be told what to do...they dont mean that kind of stuff they are just trying to get a rile out of you dont let it phase you...my 4 year old wore pants that day and now when she throws the same thing at me when she hits 13 I can tell her she has been saying that for years and yet she lives on lol
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My DD out of the blue the other day told me she didn't love me any more!!! She was just under 3 at the time! I ahev no idea where it came from either.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i can honestly say neither if my girls have said that to me
    mom_of_2_girlz

Answer by mom_of_2_girlz at 7:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• LOL they do somehow learn to be dramatic quite young! :)

While I'm sure it didn't feel so great to hear it - in retrospect I'm sure it'll be cute :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 8:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• yeah my 4 year old has been telling me that for years. when she was 2 she used to get mad and say mommy i dont love u no more. she also says that am not her friend anymore
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• This reminded me of the episode of George Lopez where he asks his wife, do you have any idea how many times the kids have told you they hate you? She responds...Yes, 7. He says You counted? She says Yes, it hurts lol! Kids will say it...I think if they do,you are doing your job. You are not their friend! You are their parent.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:39 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• whenever i make my son do something he doesnt wanna do and he starts crying, like getting outta the bathtub for example, i always say something like, "how dare i make you get out of the tub. Im the meanest mommy in the world, making sure you dont start shivering cuz the water has gone cold." i've dont this since ive bought him home fom the hospital. hes only 2 but im still a little surprised it hasnt come out of his mouth yet.
    treystiredmommy

Answer by treystiredmommy at 11:13 AM on Jan. 6, 2011