what is your favorite "dinner" dish or dishes you love to cook for your family?

I would like to find some easy dinner dishes to cook for my family & I does anyone have any dishes they would love to share?

bmwlover

Asked by bmwlover at 7:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• we do bbq chicken, rice and corn. bbq chicken is obviously bbqed lol, and for my rice...in a stockpot that can go in the oven bring to a boil 1 can of beef consume, 1 can of french onion soup, 1 can of water and 1/2 stick butter. Add 2 cups white long grain rice, bring back to boil, then back in oven covered at 350 for 30 min. and we usually mix our rice and corn up...im weird, i like bbq sauce mixed in with my rice and corn. This is our most cooked dish!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 7:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• wow so many favorites. 1 is chicken mshroom soup and stove top stuffing baked together, 2 is you take manwhich sauce a big can you mix 1/2 of the can with the hamburger you cook it like you are making manwhiches but instead of bread roll it in tortillas and spread the rest of the sauce over it and add cheese bake until the cheese melts a couple of real easy meals.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 7:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• not back in oven sorry, it was never in the oven in the first place, i meant put in oven!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 7:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I made chicken breasts simmered in chicken broth, sliced mushrooms, chopped parsley, ground pepper and a little salt tonight. It's a favorite. They also like penne with a simple sauce made of a can of diced tomatoes, chopped garlic, half a can of tomato sauce, chopped parsley and basil, diluted with about a half cup of pasta water. Sometimes I use that sauce and simmer pork chops in it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I cook pretty much everything from scratch, so it's time-consuming a lot of days, but I feel good about serving my family food that's free of the chemicals and additives of processed foods. I also double up on batches of things so that I can store in the freezer and have things on hand next time. A big favorite around here is buttered spaghetti squash with lentil spaghetti sauce (tastes amazingly like meat sauce) and a rustic garlic bread. We also love soups! Black bean, lentil, frijoles a la charra. The sauce and the soups can all be done in the crock pot. It doesn't get so much easier than that. If you're interested, message me and I'll give the recipes.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 7:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I love my homemade chili (and so does the fam... they like it meaty btw so feel free not to put as much meat in it)

*1lb ground beef
    *1 chicken breast cut into pieces
    *1 or 2 hot links cut into pieces
    *chopped onion and garlic
    Cook the meat obviously lol
    then add
    *2 cans diced tomatoes
    *2 cans tomato paste
    *1/2 can of mexican corn
    *1 cup of water
    *2 chili seasoning packets

Add it all together and let it simmer for abouit 45 mins... it's delicious

Just mix
    *
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My favorite meal to make....TAKE OUT!! Ha!
    But when I am cooking everyones fav. is my family's stew recipe with turkey, chicken, okra, corn, lots of other veggies and brown rice.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 7:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Although it's not healthy, my daughter loves my fried chicken and mashed potatoes.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• We like stuffed meatloaf, with macaroni, and a veggie, and salisbury steak, with some mashed potatoes, YUM!
    INmommyof1

Answer by INmommyof1 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Chicken enchiladas. boil boneless chicken breasts, shred , use canned enchilada sauce and Shredded cheddar ,roll in tortillas bake until warmed through and cheese is melted.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2011