Is it safe to eat microwaved food while pregnant?

I know this probably sounds like a weird or even stupid question but I promise I didn't come up with this off the top of my head.

I was reading an article about things you should and should not do during pregnancy to keep your baby safe. One of the things was "Do not stand in front of a running microwave because it can leak low levels of radiation which would be harmful to a growing baby, particularly in the first trimester."

So that got me wondering...if it's not safe to stand infront of the microwave is it safe to eat ANYTHING OUT of the the microwave????

I don't mean just the frozen food trays...I mean anything. I heat up my lunch in the microwave. Is it safe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well i'm sure it is, considering I gave birth to two healthy 10lb baby girls, microwave was my best friend lol
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• yes,it is safe.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• – collapse
    No it will kill your baby
    BeautytheBeast

Answer by BeautytheBeast at 8:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• ONLY if it's on a Tues after a full moon. ;)

just joshin ya...
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• yes,it is safe
    Onlyeyes

Answer by Onlyeyes at 8:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Beautythebeast...

I was asking a ligitment question for a ligitment reason and saying something SO RUDE to someone who is currently at high risk for miscarriage is incredibly hurtful.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Please dont listen to beutythebeast. She is a troll. Ive learned that through past ?'s. The microwave is fine!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• it should be fine. i heated up 2 lunches a day in the microwave when i was pregnant w/ my first and she's always healthy! so long as you dont turn it on with the door open (something no modern microwave will allow you to do) you wont get anywhere near the amount of radiation dangerous. they've done years long studies w/ lab rats and microwaves proving that no normal microwave causes cancer or any birth defects...especially to the food heated up.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes, it is perfectly fine. Don't worry you and your baby will be just fine :)
    gangstamami66

Answer by gangstamami66 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

I really appreciate all the kind answers! It was just a thought that came to mind. I just want my baby to be healthy and safe. THANKS!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2011