I am in an abusive relationship, and am leaving, anything I should know? adult content

I have been in an abusive relationship for almost 2 yrs, I am leaving within the week. We will be going to a friends nearly 4 states away. Is there anything I should know/do before I go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Whatever you do, don't look back! Please send me a message, I would love to talk to you. I have been in your situation and studied a lot about it in college.
    gangstamami66

Answer by gangstamami66 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yeah, I've been there too. Just don't let him suck you back in, they're pretty good at that. Good luck!
    INmommyof1

Answer by INmommyof1 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Leave and never look back!!
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• make sure you change your # so he cant reach you & dont tell him where you are goodluck mama i hope everything works out for you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Look boo just to be on the safe side make shore you put a restrain order on him and when you leave make shore he's know where around because he might stop you from leavein, and know matter what if he find out you gone and he try to call a beg you to cum back don't listen to him everyone deserve a good man in their life so move on, enjoy life why you can we only have one life to live always remember that
    booty24

Answer by booty24 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Restraining order, look into getting full custody, don't take phone calls or any kind of messages from them. Abusers tend to be manipulative and some go to great lengths to lure you back. I hope you've filed police reports, if you haven't just stay safe. Try and surround yourself with supportive friends and family. I've been in your situation, I'm kind of still going through it, just be safe. If you need someone to talk to just message. Take care.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Change your cell number, make sure no one who could tell him where you're going knows where you're going, try to stop any place that sends you mail at the house you're leaving, and don't look back.
    Anonymous

• Take important documents with you, this might be your only chance to get to them. Birth certificates, Social security cards for you and the kids. Any other legal documents you can think of. The deed to the house, all bank info. Credit card info. Stop credit cards and freeze accounts. All doctor info on kids including immunization information cards. Any items of value including jewelry and savings bonds that are in your name. PM me if you want to talk
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I don't really have advice about this, but I wanted to say good luck to you, I hope you never get put in a situation like this again
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I've been there, done that. All of the above are really good suggestions. I'll add to that...when you feel him trying to suck you back in...call someone who knows the situation & have them remind you why you left in the first place! He will try to remind you of all the "good" times, glossing over or omitting altogether, the bad times. You need to remember the bad times & abuse that caused you to leave. Sometimes you can't do all that by yourself. That's when you need a friend or family member to help you remember why you left. Don't let him convince you that he has or will change. I'm sorry...they just don't. I went through it for 25+ years. ABUSERS DON'T CHANGE!!!! There are GOOD men out there that won't abuse you. I didn't believe it for a long time. But, I am now with one of those amazingly wonderful men.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2011