How can I get my 3 and 1/2 year old BOY to stop pooping in his underwear?

We started potty training him at 2 and a half. He did not like sitting on the potty, so since he is a boy we him that he can pee standing up. And he LOVED it. Unfortunatly, never wanting to SIT on a potty has made it IMPOSSIBLE to get him to poop in the potty. I have tried pull ups, underwear, even little boy boxers, if he wears ANYTHING at all he will poop in them. I have recently let him start going naked around the house, and he will go potty by himself which is great! But anytime I go anywhere he has a poopy accident, which is embarrassing to me because he is getting so old. We have been battling this poop issue for a YEAR! I also have a 2 year old that has been in diapers with him since birth and I am pregnant with my third due in May. Please I am desperate! I do NOT want three kids in diapers. What can I do?

busywithbabies

Asked by busywithbabies at 8:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I've totally been there. Have you tried bribing him? We told DS that we would take him to Chuck E. Cheese if he could not poop in his underwear for a week. He did it, and we took him, and he hasn't done it since!
    INmommyof1

Answer by INmommyof1 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Rewards for pooping in potty. You can offer mini M&M's or Starbursts that are cut into 4 pieces.
    Anonymous

• bump
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 6:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2011