what would u do...

me and my SO got jobs today..selling kirby sweepers. im not a sells person at all. they pay 400 a week. they set the appointments for u to show and demo sweeper. u ride in a van with 4-7 other sales people. they drop u off at house alone u show the sweeper do the demos and they pick u back up. im unsure about it im not comfortable being left at someones house or with selling. but we need the money. what would u do. my so is takin the job im still undecided. have u ever done anything like this or would u

devonsmama1

Asked by devonsmama1 at 8:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• I wouldn't want to be dropped off at anybody's home that I didn't know the people. I can see why you feel this way. You should go in groups of two for safety precautions. This day and time, anything is likely to happen.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:42 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Oooorr, Beautythebest, you could get a man who isn't someone else's husband!! Lol, you are too funny.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I don't like the way this sounds. Why are you dropped off? If you are in sales you usually are on your own or with a partner. I thought anyway.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 8:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I went through the process once and they trained me on what I needed to demonstrate...that is far as I got though because I wasn't desperate enough to be one of those annoying door to door salesmen. Those things are too expensive for any average family to afford. That was one quick minute that I tried that, lol, during hard times.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• theres say 5 people on a van..1 manger and 1 appt. setter and 3 sellers...the appt setter will set the appt and then drop u off at different houses do to demo of sweeper. i dont like the idea beings as i just moved 600 miles to sc and i know noone. i feel bad for not takin the job my SO dont care but i feel bad but i dont want to do something im not comfortable with plus i dont like talkin to people my face turns red lol
    devonsmama1

Comment by devonsmama1 (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• This is a scam be careful there alot of these "jobs" out ther these vacums arent even affordable for the average family & $400 dollars a week please
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• thats what i thought i mean they want u to sell a 2365.00 sweeper....really people cant pay there bills and eat let alone buy a sweeper and that can blow leave and paint wtf
    devonsmama1

Comment by devonsmama1 (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• yeah its 400 a week and they dont take taxes out so at end of year u will get screwed and marie i agree with u he wont make me work but i feel like i should help even tho ive supported us for last year
    devonsmama1

Comment by devonsmama1 (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• idk i feel that both people should work. i like money tho too. my SO wont make me work and he has no problem if i stay home. its a personal choice of me working. i just dont think i should go door to door lol not my style.
    devonsmama1

Comment by devonsmama1 (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• If you aren't comfortable with the job, then don't take it. Yes, it's money, but at what cost. Maybe you could get some odd jobs in the meantime, cleaning houses, babysitting, etc.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 9:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2011