What is the Best Vacuum?

Looking for the best vacuum that works on all floors and not too pricey that will last me a long time! Thank you in advance ladies!

sweeping

nowmommyof2

Asked by nowmommyof2 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I'd like to know also because I end up having to buy a new one every year...but I think that is because we have 3 big dogs with lots of hair, lol. We are hard on our vacuums.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Dyson, hands down. I use mine on hardwood, carpet and rugs - it works better than any vacuum I've ever owned.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I know you aren't looking for something pricey but I can't say enough great things about my Dyson. We use to have to buy a vacuum once per year because the suction would stop working or something else would break on it. These were not cheap either, we usually spent around $150. We finally decided to break down and buy a Dyson and it still has the same VERY strong suction it had when we bought it 6 years ago and nothing has broke or broke down on it.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Dyson for the easily accessible. I love Miele too, but they are European and not just available everywhere.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I have done a lot of research looking for a great vacuum since my daughter has allergies and asthma and Dyson's are the only ones certified by the allergy and asthma association. I have heard great things about them and everyone that I know that has one loves them...unfortunately I'm not ready to shell out $400 for a vacuum. I have a bissel that I really like...it has all of the attatchments for the furniture,blinds, stairs...ect. it serves its purpose and has washable filters and 1 that you have to replace every so often. It has lasted about 4 1/2 years and still works great.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Well my sil had an Orek but I couldn't afford it so I got this Simplicity vac it is light weight and sucks up every thing.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I have always had an Electrolux-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I have a Hoover deluxe elite rewind. I love this vacuum cleaner. Costs us about $125 3 years ago and still has the same strong suction it did when we first pulled it out of the box. It has a button you press to rewind the cord and it's red, I really love it.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 2:44 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would say Dyson although I don't have one I am hard on vacumms also. I had a Windtunnel now I have a Bissell and I love it so far. I can't afford a Dyson yet anyway
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:29 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Dyson. Best vacuums I've ever owned.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 11:17 AM on Jan. 6, 2011