How do you reward your kids for good behavior?

JenE1098

Asked by JenE1098 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i don't. i expect good behaviour 24/7. i punish for bad behaviour
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• It depends on what I am rewarding him for....If its something like school, he gets to pick something he would like to do (movie, restaurant, friend sleepover) and we do that...If it good behavior, he gets to buy something from the school....
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I do weekly or biweekly rewards. If he has been good all week, then I let him decide what he wants to do. I usually give him an option of getting a small toy/book (under $5), put a dollar in his allowance bank, or save the rewards for each week and at the end of the month I would take him to get a bigger item like a video game or go somewhere special with just him and I. Its also vice versa if he misbehaves a lot during the week then I take away $1 or toy that he got the previous week.

I really think it all depends on the child and parents. Some parents are not financially stable to give money allowance or even a child might not want a toy or book. But I do think you should ask your child what should be his reward for being good. So then, he would look forward to the award and actually behave nicely :) Good luck. Let me know what you come up with
    gangstamami66

Answer by gangstamami66 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I just praise good behavior. That way they know what we expect from them.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I give my 20mnth old a vitamin gummy in which she thinks is candy whenever she puts her clothes in the dirty bin or puts her diaper in the garbage or tells me where her nose is and where her "no no" zone is (which is her butt) lol
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:40 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Other than praise him and lots of hugs, thats it. If he does good on his report card we might get ice cream or somethign like that but daily nothing, its something that is expected of him.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 3:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2011