How do I get my kids to go to bed without throwing a fit!?!?

SJMarriott

Asked by SJMarriott at 8:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• a routine probably would work best. I give time warnings. i.e. 10 minutes to bed time. I make sure that I get them up early so they will be tired by bedtime. gl momma. why are they so against going to bed?
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Well with ours we do a bedtime routine by watching a bedtime story on demand on tv instead of reading a book...it keeps them a little more interested....and then we say our i love you's and hugs and kisses and we try our best to stick to the schedule as best as we can....as parents its hard but we try....hope this was helpful and that it works in the future for u good luck:)
    tpeak

Answer by tpeak at 8:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I guess they think I am going to do something fun without them lol
    SJMarriott

Comment by SJMarriott (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• how many do you have and how how old are they? do they have their own rooms or share? the other moms are right when they recomment a routine. if they are young then maybe you could have them put a stuffed animal or doll to bed first. if they are a little older then let them read for 30 minutes in bed. You could get a timer and put it on their lamp so they know when book time is over and sleep time begins.
    Also, you could have a reward system for the nights they go to bed without a problem.
    Good luck and try to keep your cool.
    rnowakowski

Answer by rnowakowski at 9:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• make a chart for chores and bahavior and give rewards when they reach a certain point..it really works! they will run to bed!!!

www.mypartycelebration.com
    josie726

Answer by josie726 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 6, 2011