When should shared birthday parties stop?

I have 2 children born in February. One in the beginning (the 6th) the other at the end (the 28th). One is a boy, 7 yrs old, and the other is a girl, 10 yrs old. We were talking about where they would like to have their party at and mentioned that it would be best to have joint party (expensive to try and throw two right now with use trying to move soon!). So got me thinking at what age should we no longer have joint parties for them. I know with them getting older it will happen but just curious to see what you guys think!

Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year!

Mary

twinklegura0503

Asked by twinklegura0503 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have twins and we shared the party day but each had a different theme and cake. They each invited who they wanted.we only had friend parties on the even years. I say let your kids have their own party.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 8:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yeah I'm wondering this too. I know the day will come, I've got two in March, 19th and 29th.
    INmommyof1

Answer by INmommyof1 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I'd let them have their own parties now. I've never combined any of my kids birthdays.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Thanks for the comments! =)

It's can be tough because February is such a short month and money goes so quick. The older they get the more expensive things they want ( course don't always get it ). It's mainly having it on the same day at the same place. I am actually thinking this will be the last year we can do this since my daughter will be 12 next year and for a little girl, that's a big deal. One year away from being a teenager!!!! They've never complained about sharing the party but I do want each of them to feel special. Understand that we do have family over for each of their birthdays as close to their birthdays as possible (hope that made sense). It's just the parties where we have their friends over that is shared. I don't know. I just want them to happy and to have a great time, you know?
    twinklegura0503

Comment by twinklegura0503 (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2011