3 month old with a cold

I have a few questions...

My son has a bad cold. No fevor. Just a bad cough and i bit of sneezing. He's eating normally, I have been giving him a very little bit of water in between bottles to break up the flem and to calm him when he gets crazy with the coughing.

Tomorrow will make it a week with this cold. I am wondering if thats normal. But my main thing is. He has been sleeping almost the whole day! He wakes up eats and goes back to sleep. Today he has had 3 bottles. Could he just be getting on normal eatings? Is a lot of sleeping harmful? He is sleeping through the night too. Only waking up if he drops his pasifier lol.. Normal?

mommycoleyy88

Asked by mommycoleyy88 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would call your dr. S/he might want to see him and make sure it's nothing serious. It's better safe than sorry at that age.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 8:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Call your Doc. I would be more worried that he isnt getting enough fluid, he should be getting 32oz each day.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Take him to the doc. the sleep is good that is his way of healing.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2011