What do I do about my toddler scratching and pulling hair?

My two-year-old daughter has always been so sweet, but recently she has started scratching other kids and pulling hair at day care? She's an only child, so it doesn't happen at home, and I can't really lecture a two-year-old. Any advice on why this is happening and what I should do? She's just getting her canine teeth, and that has made her pretty grouchy, but I can't imagine why she would be so mean all of a sudden. Help!

lvpenguino

Asked by lvpenguino at 8:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• tie her hands up
    BeautytheBeast

Answer by BeautytheBeast at 8:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Talk to her, just sit her down and tell her it's not nice to do it to other children and start enforcing time outs when she gets home if you hear she's been doing it at school. Good luck!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 9:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Just tell her no every time and take her hands down and tell her it's not nice and hurts. She will grow out of it, a lot of kids do it.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2011