hospital

I just need to vent..... we had our 3rd daughter 3 months ago and I had started a bleeding a week before I went into labor so I went to the doctor and they send me home. So I now have 4 doctor bills from the delivery and going in that time. I called because they keep sending me seperate bills and asked if they would consolidate them and they said no. The least amount we can take on the lowest bill is $80 a month and a hundred on the others. I told them no because i wont be able to feed the kids. i've been sending them money every month and they sent me a notice saying there sending them to collections because i havent paid them in full. its all a bunch of bs who can afford over 200 a month in dr bills...

dominique1108

Asked by dominique1108 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• Hi Get Excited & Stay Excited™!  Wow I feel you on this. I used to pay $800 a month for insurance & I had great insurance until they still made me pay extra after paying the co-pay & deductible after a hospital stay.  I cut them off & joined an awesome discount healthcare & protection called FreedomPass paying $150/mo for my whole household & I've saved over $30k.  One of my friends using this had a hospital bill of over 35k & w/ this program it got negotiated down to $0!  It blew me away.  I have a disorder & have to take lots of meds on top of getting sick sometimes so paying for expensive insurance was not an option. I love this alternative-- I'm saving big money.  Here is the site if you want to take a look I think it was http://dentalandhealthplans.info Hope this helps, Blessings....

blessed2behome

Answer by blessed2behome at 6:40 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Most hospitals have some paper work that you can fill out if you can't afford the bill. You'll have to show proof of income, house hold size, and probably some other things.

You could be able to lower the amount you owe just by asking. If not fill out the paperwork and see what happens.

They can sue you if you don't pay your bills. The thing that a lot of people forget about hospitals is that they are not financial institutions. It is not their job to finance your bills. I hope that makes sense. A lot of them are nice and they'll do it- but if you don't pay the minimum payments, they can and they will send it to collections.

It's worth it to ask them for a discount before hand. Sorry you are going through this. I hope you can work something out with them.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• We pay that much for insurance *shrug*.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 9:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• any doctor bill i have had I alway got to pick what i was able to pay for the monthly payment. You should try talking to someone else maybe someone higher up because as long a your paying somethin thats what should count.....good luck
    cassiemomof4

Answer by cassiemomof4 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I feel ya babe. Hospitals are the reason insurance is so feakin high. I have bills and I pay them on my own time and yes some go to collections...so what I pay them off at tax time. I tell them from the get go I pay if I have money and I don't if I don't. They will get their money when I have it. I had a hospital charge me $1200.00 for an ER visit that consited of a a Dr. telling me I had broncitis, a breathing treatment and a little cup of cough medicine. I was in there for 30 mins. I called and asked for an itemized bill and they charged me $400.00 for a tech to come plug something into the wall. I told them "well hell if I know I was paying him that much I'd of ask his favorite color and had him tell me his life story." Hospitals here try to bully you into paying in full and not except what you can afford. So they get what they get when I can send it.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Legal aide may be able to help. There should be one in your area. Check it out. Next time make sure you go to a not for profit hospital. You may want to consider bankrupcy on medical bills.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It is the law that medical bills cannot be sent to collections if you are paying something on them. I used to set up an arranged payment plan, then call back everymonth to say I could not afford that much. Communicate until they take a few bucks a month.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Call your congressional representatives and tell them you want universal health care!

Answer by rkoloms at 10:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2011