Eaves dropping or spying...I do it all the time...how about you?

With mil under my roof I am always trying to hear her conversations!

Like tonight she got a phone call and I am upstairs so I quietly open my door to hear what she is saying! Yeah! She is talking about finding a place to go back to CA! The down side she also said that my hubby needs to take care of it. Another thing, she is Hispanic and she does not want to be living around mexicans? How strange is that?

I know I am awful to spy but I need to know what is going on because she does not talk unless I am out of the room!

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 9:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• bow downsnooping/eaves dropping has saved me a lot of heartache honestly. it sometimes could be a good thing because it puts u ahead of the game and helps u make better decisions.

maya123

Answer by maya123 at 7:39 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• GUILTY AS CHARGE :( It's a bad habit I have.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I listen to everything that is being said around me.
    As for your MIL, I would pack her bags for her. Anyone who cannot talk in front of me, in my house, can sleep on the porch.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yeah my MIL knew sign language. It use to drive me crazy. She and FIL use to talk across the room to each other using sign language! They weren't DEAF.....they just knew how to sign....I swear they use to talk about me.....I would get so uncomfortable I would get up and leave the room. I thought it was very rude on their part.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I do the same... I think its ridiculous sometimes but I have caught MIL her sister gossiping or saying a comment about me and it gets me upset but I bite my tongue... I mean thats my MIL and I cant do anything... It is what it is... but sometimes I'd rather know what is being said since they cant say it to my face...
    fayth13

Answer by fayth13 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• guilty!!! i can't help it, it runs in my family LOL! but worried momma is RIGHT, it happens to me ALL THE DANG TIME! listening, and then hearing something i really DID NOT want 2 hear, gets me in trouble, cuz then i end up saying something, ..... but i wasn't supposed to hear =( WHOOOOPS!!!! o well lol
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• So true worried momma, I have had that happen!
    Noosa

Comment by Noosa (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I'm one of those that can here a pin drop in the other room and no one knows I'm listening. I am a busybody of sorts I guess. I always need to know whats going on.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• yeah i do that sometimes
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I don't intentionally eavesdrop, but my brain has the ability to focus on several things at once. I can be in a conversation with someone and if someone is speaking near me, I can still understand the conversations going on around me. I actually have a hard time tuning them out.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2011