What is your purpose in life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Grand scheme or small scheme? On a grand scale I don't have a purpose any different than anyone else, just to live my life. On a small scale it is to instill values and self worth in my children and ensure they develop into productive adults in society and happy individuals capable of making wise decisions.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i think the purpose is to serve God the bible said he created man cause he was lonely , he had the angels but they have to serve him for the most part he want someone to love him , and he gave us free will to do it , so my prupose is to serve God and his son Jesus
    almts915

Answer by almts915 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My purpose is to raise my children to the best of my ability, to teach them morals and respect. To insure that they raise their own children the same. To be there for them when they need me. To provide happiness and enrichment in lives that I encounter. My purpose is to learn all that I can about other people and their beliefs... to welcome all with open arms and an inviting ear. To help those that are truly in need or my help. Be a good wife to my husband. And most of all to be true to myself and my own life. Oh, and I almost forgot.. To be the best pet mommy I can be!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 6:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• This is what my philosophy teacher would call a loaded question. You are assuming one has purpose in Life. Do we have purpose? Is it individual or accumulative? These are the question to ponder.

vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 6:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• To live!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I don't know if I have enough room. I believe my purpose is to serve my community and the people that live here. To help those that need support, time, and to donate for those that need financial help. As an atheist, I believe I need to do whatever I can to improve life. To tread lightly on the earth and encourage the reduction of the resources we use as a society.

On a day to day basis, my purpose is to be a good wife, mother, sister, friend, and daughter. To make healthy food that will benefit my daughter for the rest of her life. Teach her the things she will need to be successful. Make sure that we are healthy, happy, and productive people.

I don't think I said that right. It is hard to define.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I think I love you jcssfam5
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I think we all have a meaning to life that affects everyone else in even the smallest way. But I don't think we'll ever know what it was until we are in heaven and God explains it to us.

I agree with your post as well jcssfam5. Good stuff.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 7:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• "My purpose in life is a life of purpose." ~ Don't remember who originally stated this quote but I love it....

My purpose is to just be...and to leave behind memories for those who have entered into my life.

That's all...
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 8:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• To polka, polka, polka!
    PurdueMom

Answer by PurdueMom at 9:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2008