could i still be pregnant?

So Im not do for a visit from af until jan 12th I had a blood test done on the 4th it came back neg could it have been to soon even for a blood test sense I technically would have only been 6 days past conception if I even conceived on the day I was suppose to. I am so impatiant and it was a bummer not getting a positive. I feel like I should just let it go this month and not get my hopes up that i still could possibly be pregnant.

cassiemomof4

Asked by cassiemomof4 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• 6 days after conception seems to soon then I could be wrong. Give it another week and test again. GOOD LUCK
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Why didn't you wait until your period was late to test?
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• because the anticipation is just to much to handle some times and I really think i made it worse getting the blood test and getting a neg i thought you could tell that early especially sense the doctors orderd the test.
    cassiemomof4

Comment by cassiemomof4 (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Well, the average time for implantation to take place is 6-12 days. So, that being said, it is possible that it hadn't occured yet and your hcg levels were not rising quite yet. I would wait to see if your period starts and if not take a test :) good luck to you!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Well, good luck! Hope you get your BFP soon.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Don't get your hopes Hi because if the blood test say neg then its right, because I had 3 misscarrige all my pregnantses I had to get blood work done and everytime it was true so don't hang your head low lift it high and try again the reason I'm tellin you this is because I just lost my baby Dec.4 and I'm still hurtin so I'm not given up i'm goin to keep tryin.
    booty24

Answer by booty24 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• yeah i understand the reason i am so impatiant and determined is because I had my first miscarrage on sept 17 and the void of not having that baby growing inside me is killing me I know that I shouldn't feel like it but when I get pregnant again thats the only thing that will fill that. I sorry for you loss
    cassiemomof4

Comment by cassiemomof4 (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• It is way too soon even for a blood test to pick up. It takes about a week for an egg to travel to the uterus to implant. You won't get any HCG hormone until the placenta is formed and working. And of course that means the egg has to have implanted. So I know you are impatient, but you are setting yourself up for disappointment by testing too soon. This is something you cannot control so just wait it out and see what happens. Good Luck!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2011