How can I stop my son from picking up on other kids bad habits?

My fiancee myself and our 3 year old son went out somewhere with a friend we don't see often she has a son the same age as ours and we don't have a car. She took us a few places and we went to her home so the kids could play, which was fine but the problem started when she took us home she did not make her son sit in a car seat or even in a seat belt she gives in every time he whines and she lets him bite her with nothing said to him about it. Ever since we got home (we live with my parents) he has been biting everyone, whining, and fights us when we try to strap him in the car seat in my mom's car even though he knows the rule that the car doesn't even start until everyone is buckled in. We have tried everything and he will not stop this bad behavior please help.

XandersMomma07

Asked by XandersMomma07 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• You will just have to keep correcting him. Unfortunately esp when they go to school they pick up everything. I just keep reminding my daughter that just b/c someone else does it doesn't mean she can, and we have to follow your mommy's rules, not so and so's rules.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• oh its going to happen alot. especially when they have friends that the parents let the kids do one thing. so and so parents let her do it. just say well that is her parents and i am yours. that is all that is to be said. he is still small so you just have to still kind of teach and train the little ones. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2011