SAHM's does your husband go to work and then come home and accuse you of not working?

Or am i the only one. He acts like raising his kids and keeping his house isnt work. I spent several hours today rearranging my dd's room, catching up on laundry, and other housework. He comes home and tells me i aint done nothing since i didnt vacuum the living room forgetting of course that our vacuum cleaner has a broken belt that he has yet to replace. Its as if i can do nothing rigth. So my question is does your man do this or is it just me? and if he does what do you do about it?

elananme

Asked by elananme at 6:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• Yep....get used to it. Learn to bitch about it with your friends and to not let him bother you.
    Anonymous

• Go on strike for one week I guarantee you when he's hungry naked and dirty he'll realize just how much you do.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 6:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Are we married to the same man?? I swear we had the same discussion over me not vacuuming just the other day; our belt is broke too.

I started a timesheet for myself (please realize I am being a smart ass) and documented everything I do in 15 minute incriments. My list averages about 18 pages! I asked him each evening if he will sign my timesheet for me. Needless to say, he now gets my point and is not even mentioning chores or household duties!
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 6:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• YEP....
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 6:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• yeah, he did until i put him in his place. Now even if the house is a disaster area he knows not to open his mouth.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 6:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I LOVE the timesheet idea! Wish I thought of that one back in the day!!!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 6:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Oh yes; there are days when he acts like I just sit around all day; there aren't enough hours in the day for me between working from home, caring for my son, the house, our dogs, running errands, making sure bills are paid on time; making phone calls, etc.... the list never ends. I wish I had some time for myself. I told him it's easier to go to work and come home and put up your feet but they just don't get it do they?
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 6:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Yep men can be very arrogant... Mine thinks i watch movies all day and god knows whatelse, our house is never perfect I have 3 kids and another almost here and he doesnt seem to get what the house would look like if i actully did NOTHING...i think them picking on us makes them feel like they are literally king shit.... Just ignore him thats what I do cause it just shows how stupid he can be and if he wants to look and sound that stupid more power to him, cause I know he couldnt handle what I do everyday!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• HA! my hubby use to do that! until I told him I wasn't doing what i normally do everyday! Yeah he stopped saying that.... lol
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 6:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• No.... My hubby comes home and says "Hi baby girl what did you do today?" Whether I say "Nothing" or "I cleaned the whole house, etc." he hugs me and says "Sounds like fun." I'm sorry your hubby treats you like that. I hope it gets better.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2008