Relief for SI joint pain?

I had SI pain since I was only 9 WEEKS prego , now I am nearly a year postpartum and I am in really bad pain again.... I am not prego, I didn't re-injure and I've been doing every exercise I can remember from physical therapy. ANY SUGGESTS?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Health

• massage therapy

chiropractor

accupuncture
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• There are lots of things to do. I had an si joint injury and I got over the pain (once properly diagnosed) after about three weeks. You can look up things to do on the internet. There are weight and non weight bearing exercises. I did them four times a day. Start with two times.
    First one lay on your back (on the floor --or bed if you can't ) pull both knees up to your chest. With your right hand on top of your right cap knee, left had under the knee. with your right hand gently push your knee towards your chest while with the other hand pull the other knee towards you. HOld for 30 seconds then switch. Pushing and pulling...
    Please pm me and I will help you with more...
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• A chiropractor gave me more exercises if you need them... Really the pain can be gone in a week. But you do need to take 800 mg of motrin round the clock to reduce the swelling too.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2011