Sad to say ....

Gerry Rafferty died yesterday. If you're under the age of, say, 40, the name probably means nothing to you, although you doubtless recognize his biggest hit, 1978's "Baker Street," when you hear it on oldies radio or in the supermarket. That winding, wailing saxophone chorus, courtesy of session player Raphael Ravenscroft, is one of the most resonant slices of aural melancholy in all of popular music -- it felt nostalgic when it was brand new -- and there are those who hold it responsible for an entire school of scene-stealing saxes in post-70s rock.

Do you have a favorite song by him. I loved "Right down the line"...

Asked by mmmegan38 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Entertainment

• I love "Baker Street". I was about 35 when it came out and was popular. I remember all his music.

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Baker Street and Right Down the Line are my favorites. I'm 34 and became a fan because my mom would listen to his music.

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I like Baker Street. It's a cool song.

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Thanks for the memories---------

Answer by ChezBelle at 10:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Right Down the Line was definitely my favorite too. Baker Street was a good one--did you ever hear the Foo Fighters cover of it? Not bad! Anyway, my DH and I saw his death mentioned on the news, and that he'd struggled with alcoholism and had a pretty tough life. It's a shame.

Answer by vicesix at 7:42 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i saw this too .. i didnt like baker street but RIP JR

Answer by san78 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2011