Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps


Ok my husbands best friend just went to visit his kids at his ex's place. Well his older one (3 1/2) kept tell him, "Daddy I'm scared". He would ask of what and he would respond quickly with "mommy." then look over his shoulder fast. His younger son (just turned 2) cant really talk yet. They weren't dress. He was dropping of some of their Christmas presents and the mother and grandmother said we don't allow those toys in our house. So, they would allow him to give them to the boys. They said if he left them there, they were going to just throw them away. Well, he called my husband freaking out about the whole, "I'm scared thing". My husband told him to call the police so he did... The police are sending someone over there now. Does anyone know what they might do? He is going to the court house tomorrow to file for full custody. At least try to get his older son. (I said he should get both, because if there is abuse then its probably happening to both and his youngest cant tell him yet). Thanks for any help, advice, or answers. :)


(wasnt sure what category, this should be in so feel free to change it :))


Asked by kiansmom0423 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

Level 37 (90,808 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  •   Hope these babies are safe.


    Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

  • That's so sad.... I hope everything turns out well

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

  • They will check the well being of the children and if there is nothign wrong w/ them after they talk w/ them, then they won't be able to do anything but will probably foward it to child services to have them checked on again.

    Answer by genagina at 9:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

  • So, what happened??

    Answer by _Tam_ at 3:07 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

  • Hopefully they will send DHS out to check out the situation. If there is any suspicion of something bad they will follow up. Good luck to your friend.

    Answer by bugfin at 9:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

  • I'm sure they'll check out the boys physically to look for bruises and other signs of abuse. Unless there's physical evidence of abuse, or unless the son can give more information as to why he's scared, there's not much they can do at that time. Poor little guys, I hope for their sake that dad does get custody.

    Answer by Nanixh at 9:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

  • They'll check things out, probably talk to the mother, CPS could be called.

    Answer by myree85 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

  • That's weird. Police and Mommy? Either she has had a run in with the law, or she could have been served papers, I don't know what to make of that one. Why won't they allow the kids to have toys in the house? That's weird too. I'd try to file for custody and hire a lawyer or a private investigator to see what's going on.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:32 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

  • they will most likely open a case and have a worker from child protective service go out and talk with the kids privately and if they feel the kids arent well mantained or safe they will take them and daddy can pick them up but it was good he called the police most ppl just think its ok and do nothing kuddos for your hubby and his brother for doing that :)

    Answer by premiemom18 at 1:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

  • Well, I guess he police called him back and they said they check his son for bruising and didn't see any so they left? Weird right... So hes going to get a lawyer today and try to get his kids. Thank you guys.


    Comment by kiansmom0423 (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2011