Closing out your answers

how come noone closes out their answers and picks the best one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Actually, Mommy of two, there is the option to simply close the question. You don't have to select a best answer
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 10:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I ALWAYS do. I'm not sure why others don't. Makes me sad, though, cause I think I've got some REALLY good answers!
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 9:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Maybe because the OP wasn't satisfied with any of the answers or it was to hard to pick just one. For example you ask do you like coke or pepsi. Who do you pick for best answer if 20 different people say the same thing you like
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I see this question quite often here. Why is it such a big deal whether or not someone closes out their questions? If the question is closed, then nobody else can see or answer it. I've left questions open and have received some pretty good answers and opinions long after having posted the question. I've posted responses to some older questions & been given BA for my answer. I myself answer or respond because I feel I have something of some value to offer. Not because I want points for being chosen as BA. A BA is a bonus, but not my reason for responding.

So, as I have asked in the past, and have received no response...what is the harm in NOT closing questions?
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I don't think there's harm in it I'm just asking why! It's nice to see who the person agrees w/ and sees to be the best anwer. And as far as i can see about every question gets asked once a day on here so I can always find an answer to what I'm looking for w/o even asking it!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2011