can you get pregnant on the nuva ring

my husband and i had sex on 1/1/11, and sometime durring our fun my ring came out unknowingly sometime and he finished in like he always does. i just satred doing the 3 wk in 1 wk out method of the ring. i have been having lots of headaches, my boobs hurt in a bra with out one putiing it on in the morning and taking it off at night. and ive been having bad cramps like my periods starting but thats not for another two weeks. the other thing is i was on the depo for 4yrs and i dont know oif im even furtile. how do u find that out.

sweetone1990

Asked by sweetone1990 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes u can get pregnant! no birth control is 100% effective!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• you can take the nuva ring out for up to 3 hours and still have it be effective
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i got pregnant using nuva ring, mine would slip out all the time and i would have to keep putting it back in place, which eventually resulting in me becoming pregnant 3 months after giving birth. if the ring is out for more than three hours it is no longer as affective as it should be but you should still have some hormone in your system. If the ring is out for more than three hours it is recommend that you use backup bc for 7days. It could be possible that you are pregnant (although i dont think you would be having symptoms so soon) It also could be your body adjusting to the new schedule of hormones.
    paradisefound

Answer by paradisefound at 10:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• If you have sex, you can get pregnant. Chances are just very slim for you.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• ive been having the sore boobs. and headaches for around 2 months. but my ring only came out on 1/1/11. but probably 3 or 4 times a day it slips down but not out and i have too put it back.and im really swollen down there.
    sweetone1990

Comment by sweetone1990 (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• THere have been a LOT of pregnancies on teh Nuva Ring. Most of them because of doctors misadvising how to use it. But its been a very common thing since it became popular that women are concieving while using it.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 11:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• from www.nuvaring.com

Note: Women with conditions affecting the vagina, such as a prolapsed (dropped) uterus, may be more likely to have NuvaRing® slip out. If NuvaRing® slips out repeatedly, please consult your doctor.

paradisefound

Answer by paradisefound at 11:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• YES! You can get pregnant on the Nuva Ring. In fact my sister did, she just gave birth to a very healthy adorable baby girl but it was still a highly unplanned pregnancy. Do not use this as a birth control method if you really are not ready for a pregnancy.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 9:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011