Birthday Day VS Birthday Party

DD turns 5 on February 2nd. We are throwing her a party at a local inflatable party house place on February 5th. This is her first real party with guests and such, so we aren't sure how to handle the celebrating.

Do we celebrate at the party AND on her birthday or should it be party OR birthday? If you celebrate on both, do you give the gifts from the parents/siblings on both or just one? Do you invite anyone to come to the little family celebration on the birthday day or just make them wait until the party day?

Ugh...never imagined I'd be so torn over this!

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 10:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• on my daughter's ( now 7) bday i have always gave her a small party and had the gifts opened after the party was over.The reason for this is because i don't want her new toys to get broken by any of the kids who attended the party. I have akways gave her party at our home. I recently thought that she maybe old enough to have a small party at Chucky Cheese or somewhere lke that
    strongnbrave

Answer by strongnbrave at 3:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I do a big thing just us on her birthday and give her a few things or take her shopping and let her buy a few things and then give her the rest at her party. To me both days are exciting to a kid so I make a big deal out of both.
    nebcutie

Answer by nebcutie at 10:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I used to do two different parties. One on their actual birthday for family and then the kids party. We would give them their gifts on their birthday and explain that this is what they were getting from us. I have found that there is so much going on at the kids party that having the family seperate worked best for us.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Birthday day just make it special something with a few family members & maybe a small gift & wait to really party at the birthday party
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• ON the birthday, the child gets the meal of their choice - whether it's at home or going out, and maybe a special small cake, and parent presents. Then it's business as usual for the party, a regular party, cake, presents from guests, etc.
    Anonymous

• Do we celebrate at the party AND on her birthday or should it be party OR birthday?
    If you celebrate on both, do you give the gifts from the parents/siblings on both or just one?
    Do you invite anyone to come to the little family celebration on the birthday day or just make them wait until the party day?

1. celebrate both get a small cake on her actual birthday and sing happy birthday and give her a small present
    2.you can give the kids "goody bags" at the party so they all feel like they got something
    3. you can invit as many ppl or none at all to to her b-day but if they came to the b-party it should be ok :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• We usually take Ava to Chuck E. Cheese on her actual birthday with just us if it falls during the week.We give her our gifts on her actual birthday.Her party is with family and friends.
    kristylynn

Answer by kristylynn at 12:02 AM on Jan. 8, 2011