Anyone want to share their story of being a teen mother?

Hello everyone, I am 17 and a Senior in High School. I am doing a research paper on teen parenting and their lives. I would like to have real stories and real lives incrporated in my paper. It makes up half of my semester grade. I would really appreciate the help! If you do want to share but want me to keep your name anonymous I will be happy to do so :). Thank you for listening!

sftbllprncss

Asked by sftbllprncss at 10:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would be willing to share what would you like to know??? you can private message me if you want
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I'm the daughter of a teen mom. What sort of things do you want for your paper? You can PM me.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I was a teen mom too. I don't mind sharing, what do you want to want to know?
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I just want to know what decisions you had to make during your pregnancy as well as after your child was born. Also how your life is doing now. Anything else you feel is necessary to add please do so :) oh and thank you so much! I really appreciate it :D
    sftbllprncss

Comment by sftbllprncss (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• hello well my story isnt a story i really share but ill tell u any ways when i was 16 i went to a party and i was taken advantage of.
    two months later i found out i was pregnate my parent didnt like it my dad didnt speak to me for months and my mom just act diffrent every time i got near her.eventrully they both got over and were excited.one day i had a friend spend the nite and later i feel this wired pain so we went to the hospital and i gave birth to my daughter.on jan 16.i had just turn17 b4 she was born.but life after that was not the same she stayed up all the time she didnt even sleep during the day.i cryed all the time and i never though i could love her cuz of what her father did to me..eventurally she got a little easyer.and when she got more independent and started to grow up and discover new thing i really enjoyed her and now it has almost bn a year cent she has been born i love her with all my heart n always will
    X-tInA...

Answer by X-tInA... at 11:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• my sister got pregnant at 16 had the baby, my nephew, grad high school went to college, had another boy with the dad a few yrs later, got married, bought a house with him , had another baby (my niece) and they make 6 figure income and shes a sahm.. if u want more, u can message me, but its not typical for teen parents to do what she did.. its awesome and i look up to her for it!!

i got preg at 19, been with the guy for 2 yrs when we got preg my dd is now gunna be 2, im working in corporate office of my job, he has a grat job and were still together, it will be 5 years since we first met....

i still have fun and hang out with friends but my main priority is being a mom. and i wouldnt have it any other way... i love it.. message me if u want about either situations :D
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• First, I think it's great that you're writing a paper on this, & I hope that you will be showing all the aspects. I had my daughter when I was 16, but they don't give enough space here for a good response, so please send me a message with a few questions & I'll be happy to back-&-forth with you until you feel you have a good idea of my situation. Thanks!

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• X-tInA... Thank you so much for sharing. I am so sorry for your pain and I have all the respect in the world for you. Stories like yours is thereason i decided to do my paper on this. I know how hard it must have been to share this, but thank you! If you need anyone to just talk to I listen very well :)

MomNbabyGirl009 I will defnately message you for more details :)

sftbllprncss

Comment by sftbllprncss (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• KA91 I will definately send the progress of my paper to whoever wants it and thank you :) i will definately message you as well :)
    sftbllprncss

Comment by sftbllprncss (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i got pregnant at 19 and i was considered a teen mom even though i was married, Just cuz ur a teen doesn't mean ur going to be a bad mother i have seen plenty of girl turn their life completely around after having a child so young, but i don't understand what the big freaking deal is with girl getting pregnant at 16 or 17 when many year ago girls were getting married at 16 and having kids. This was way b4 my time, i don't know much about it but i have heard stories from ppl who were married at that age and had kids so why now 50 60 year later it's a problem? I really don't get it. Yeah there is school and all that. But IDK that's just me.
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 12:43 AM on Jan. 6, 2011