can you get a tattoo while pregnant?

iluvualready21

Asked by iluvualready21 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I wouldnt see a reason why you couldnt call a shop and ask
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No! You can not even give blood for a year after you get one.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• 9 months seems like an eternity when youre pregnant, but i promise you can wait (unless of course its some once in a lifetime thing)

i personally wouldnt risk it
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• There are very few places that will do them for you when you are pregnant. There are two reasons really. One is because of the risk of infection to you and therefore to baby, and the other is that some people say that the color may not hold as well when you are pregnant, and you'd end up having to get it touched up later on. Either way, it's better just to wait.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I got some ink done before I knew I was pregnant with my 2nd and had zero complications. When I say some I mean shading on a 3/4 back tat. My dr w/ my 1st said not to due to added stress. Some shops won't do them if they know you are preg.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 10:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No you are not supposed to and no reputable artist/shop would give you one knowing your pregnant!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• NO, no place will ever do a tattoo when pregnant
    kris8525

Answer by kris8525 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No you can't, and if anyone has, they went to a crap hole cause no reputable shop would consider it. I use to work at a tattoo parlor so I
    posey1705

Answer by posey1705 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'm sure if anyone knows someone who got a tattoo before they knew they were pregnant,they are ok but you shouldn't. no respectable tattoo artist ever would. all the risks aside and no matter how clean and sterile your shop is (which i hope you know to find a good,clean and talented artist) won't change that your skin will change and stretch dramatically during pregnancy.
    CaitWillowNBaby

Answer by CaitWillowNBaby at 11:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2011