How do I get rid of irratable bowel syndrome? It happens to me like once or twice a month and is one of the most painful experiences of my life. Almost like labor. I don't have insurance to go see a doctor, and it gets worse each time it happens. I'm afraid it might kill me soon if I don't do something about it. Thats how bad it hurts. I actually passed out last time. Does anyone know how to relieve the symptoms or treat IBS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Health

• i was diagnoses with this in high school and college- it does hurt- never passed out tho- could be colitis- spastic colon (which is more painful) you have to go see the doctor!
    petunia812

Answer by petunia812 at 2:01 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• yes i have cloitis and u may,,,,,,,,,i also have IBS and no-one has ever died from it,,,exercise helps, but pls have a colonoscopy ,,passing out can be losing blood ,,which is in your stools,,,,,which is colitis and there r meds!!!
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 7:25 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• wow i go thru the same thing and it is real painful what is cloitis
    javalatte

Answer by javalatte at 7:44 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I have Ulcerative Colitis as well. The pain you are describing sounds like what I have, but I've never passed out! I know you don't want to go in, but you definatley need a colonoscopy. Take care.
    msmikkle

Answer by msmikkle at 11:09 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• This is what I would suggest for this condition. Try liquid chlorophyl and e-tea for the inflamation for my web address e-mail me and you can get that from my store!
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 11:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I know some things that may help. PM me for information.
    MentorByDesign

Answer by MentorByDesign at 2:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• go to the emergency room they can't denie you treatment. the doctor and nurses will test you and give all kinds of treatments as long as you tell them about your pain. there are free clinics or sliding scale fee clinics. will prescribe you meds and do all kinds of test also there are 4 dollar genericts meds at target and maijers. This is how I had to go about getting treatment.
    message me if you wanted more information.
    amanda_23

Answer by amanda_23 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• total treatment and cost so far. 4 dollars a month for the med I am on, 125 dollar for emergency room visit, haven't gotten the bill for the other test yet. but I am Canadian citizen on a visa. they told me if I was American they would get me paper work to fill out for Medicaid. I was referred to a free clinic where they have nurse practitioners and a doctor oversees the nurses. it's a small free clinic but they are so sweet and do a pretty good job if you ask me. i also was passing out and everything else still going through the treatment. I was diagnosed about two months ago
    amanda_23

Answer by amanda_23 at 1:31 AM on Oct. 10, 2008